Sunday, 2 December 2012

How to make a grown woman cry...

So, I know this blog is zigzagging around, it's like all the random thoughts in my head appear on this blog which I hope people don't mind and will keep reading.

For me, the 30th November 2012 was a sad day with the closure of NCSoft's MMORPG game City of Heroes (COX).  I have played this game for over 6 years and met two of my best friends through it and countless other friends who I still speak to.

The game was one of a kind with the ability to design, create and mould your own superhero / super villain - choosing everything from the powers that your character would use to the clothes on their back.

To some, I know this will sound crazy and perhaps even sad, but for me it was a great way to escape from a stressful job - a chance to chill and kick some butt!

Even though I have not played this game for a while, it still seem like a part of my life has gone missing. It is sad that it had to close but at least the friendships will continue, the memories will stay and maybe in time..... another game will take it's place - for now...... Mario Kart will do!

R.I.P City of Heroes and all my characters, may you happily float round in Cyberspace and Silicone Heaven.

Emma aka Cyrosphere / Corinium




No comments:

Post a Comment